Can I ride the preride?
Worker's rides (prerides) are available for day-of-event volunteers to earn credit for completing the brevet. RUSA and the ACP have rules and guidelines for holding these rides:
- The date for Worker's ride is chosen by the host in conjuction with the RBA. The RBA approves the date.
- There is only one Worker's ride for an event.
- Worker's rides are held for the benefit of day-of-event volunteers. They are not open to riders who are not volunteering on the scheduled date.
- Volunteers must contact the RBA to ensure a volunteer assignment before the worker's ride date. If you preride without RBA approval, you will not receive credit for the event.
- If there are no day-of-event volunteers preriding the route, the RBA may designate a rider (or two for longer events) to perform that duty.
- Worker's rides must be held within the 15 days prior to the date of the actual brevet.